Spring is not my favourite season, I will admit. But my green thumb is itching and I decided on this frigid morning to write a list of things that I like about the green season. :)
- Early spring brings crisp breezes and a hint of warmer air.
- The house at last can be opened up and fresh air washes away the feel of being closed-up.
- Spring rains smell of sweet new life.
- FLOWERS EVERYWHERE.
- The cold ice-melt running in the creeks and rivers.
- Sunshine before 7 A.M.
- Baseball season!
- Did I mention open windows?
- Taking early morning walks before the world is fully awake.
- Taking evening walks with my hubby when the sun is setting.
- Sitting outside with my coffee and a book as the sunshine reaches the deck in the morning.
- Practicing yoga outside on the deck instead of inside where my cats attempt to sleep on top of me while I am posing. :P
- The feeling of being able to eat lighter fare and be satisfied.
- Wearing just a hoodie and being warm.
- Oh yeah, open windows.
So you can see that I really want to open the windows and get the fresh air into my house. I feel so much more invigorated when I am in the fresh air, but when the temperature is hovering somewhere around zero or below....that just plain hurts.
I have some great ideas for the blog, but a few of them involve the great outdoors, so...as per the weather here in beautiful Wisconsin, they will have to wait. In the meantime, I found a fantastic sewing shop in downtown Plymouth that has pretty much only cotton fabrics for quilting but that would make some fantastic dresses and skirts! So stay tuned...once I dig out my sewing machine...