Thursday, July 7, 2011

"By the shores of Gitche Gumee, By the shining Big-Sea-Water"

Does it make sense to have a deep longing for seeing a place again?
In the same way that one longs for the company of a close friend who they have not seen in many days?
I like to think it does make sense.
I have a deep longing for places I have never even set foot in, except possibly in my dreams.
I think I am meant to travel.
To new places.
But right now, I specifically want to return.
I want to feel the cool of Lake Superior on my skin.
I want to feast my eyes upon the glory that is the sunset God paints above the water.
I want to be there, among the splendor that God has created.
Obviously, the splendor that God has created is all around us, but there is something special about Gitche Gumee, the shining Big-Sea-Water.
I don't know what, exactly.
I also don't think it matters.
My heart just wants to be there.










No comments:

Post a Comment