Wednesday, August 6, 2014

sci-fi pies

This post is a little later in being written than I intended, but here goes.

Last week Wednesday I decided I needed to bake a pie to use up the many cherries I had purchased on sale. So I found a guideline online for cherry pie filling from scratch, and whipped up a pie crust using this recipe from Clearly Delicious. The pie filling was actually based off one of hers, too. Then that morning a friend shared a photo of a pie from some Facebook page that had the top pie crust cut to be the Hydra logo...and I knew that's what I was going to do.

Those cherries though...mmm.
I threw in some fresh basil for added flavour.


Before baking.













Of course, I also had purchased a few pints of blueberries on sale to make a blueberry pie for my husband's birthday the next day, because cherries aren't his thing. (We each had a pie to ourselves, see how nice I am?) So after a discussion with my friend Jaimie (who blogs over at JaimieRamsey.com), I knew that the top crust for the blueberry pie was going to be the Imperial logo.

These blueberries were perfect...
Blueberry pie filling goodness.

I cut this freehand.
It didn't transfer very well.
My husband knew about the Hydra pie, but he didn't know that I was going to make the blueberry one for him...so that was a fun little surprise! Thinking back now, I should have done something Harry Potter related because he shares his birthday with him, but there's always next year. ;)


Hail Hydra!

A bit broken, but (as a friend pointed out) so is the Empire!

No comments:

Post a Comment