Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Happy New Year. A bit late.

New year, new goals. Resolutions are made, only to be broken within hours of the turning of the year. Seems like a new year ought to be a good time for a fresh start, no matter what your goals, but it's understandably difficult in the middle of winter, which is where most of us are at this present moment. Nothing says "wrap up in a blanket and watch Netflix" like cold and snow. But I digress.

Have you made a list of goals for 2015? Is it actually doable? Lists are great, but if they aren't actually achievable, then you'd probably be better off without a list. I have generally made a list of goals that ends up being on the unattainable side, so this year I'm taking a bit of a different approach. I do have a few year-long goals, but I also intend to assess separate goals for each month. This breaks the year down, and also I think it'll be easier to have season-specific goals listed during that season. Writing about summer plans and/or goals in the dead of winter is just not how I roll. I appreciate each season for what it is, and besides I actually like winter.

That being said, here are my January goals/plans, in no particular order.


  • Conquer clutter and put away Christmas decorations.
  • Bake a cranberry pie.
  • Learn a new piano piece.
  • Watch all ten seasons of Friends. (I'm on season 4, so this really is plausible haha.)
  • Sew a tree skirt (to use next year and beyond) from leftover wedding dress fabric.

*******************************************

As for my year-long goals, here are a couple.

  • Read at least 25 books. (I know I can read more than that, but more about my reading plans will be on my book blog soon.)
  • Train to be able to run a 5K. (I was doing this last year but stress fractures ruin things.)
  • BLOG BLOG BLOG
  • Sew at least one project a month on my new sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment