Friday, May 24, 2013

five things friday

Only in Wisconsin can it be 80 degrees one day and 40 degrees with a frost advisory the next. Sigh. Actually, that's most of the upper Midwest, I suppose. But anyway. It's going to be a chilly Memorial Day weekend! Traditionally (or should I say typically), Memorial Day itself is one of the hottest days of the year thus far, but I have a feeling that might not happen this year. At any rate, I hope I don't have to work, at least not in the evening. And without further ado, here are my five things, observations, facts, whatever-they-are for this Friday, May 24th.


  1. I got 12 blissful hours of sleep last night, thanks to going to bed early. I haven't felt so rested in a long time, but that'll probably change by the time I go to bed tonight.
  2. We got most of our vegetable garden planted on Tuesday evening! At some point I'll post a list of what we're attempting to cultivate.
  3. A good friend of mine (who was both a roommate and bridesmaid) is getting married on June 1st, and I'm excited to be in her wedding!
  4. I actually do like my job at Pick 'n Save; talking to people and being on my feet for hours at a time is mentally and physically exhausting, but my co-workers are awesome for the most part, and the atmosphere of the store is really good.
  5. The month of June is going to be super busy...I sort of just realised that. Ah well, welcome to summer activities!

1 comment:

  1. We're both in weddings June 1! :) And I'm in another June 8, as well. I can't wait to hear more about your garden. And if it's that chilly on Monday, it'll be the coldest Memorial Day since my family moved to Plymouth! Brr!

    I'm glad your job is going better. :) Hopefully it continues to be enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete