Saturday, January 11, 2014

my 2014 reading list

First on my goals for 2014 is to read more again. I used to read all the time, but unfortunately life does get in the way. Anywho, with a few changes, I'm using my list from last year. I decided to take off A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, because quite frankly those books suck your soul and don't have much good in them...as fascinating as the story is...I sort of wonder why so many Christians extol Martin's praises....it doesn't take skill to write about sex and violence and dysfunctional families and use lots of foul language. But I digress.

The first book I am going to read is one that a friend gave me that was written by her friend. It's a fantasy novel entitled The Towers. I'm excited to dive in. I'm also reading William Shakespeare's Star Wars by Ian Doescher. It's incredible. Not even kidding. I hope this guy writes at least the rest of the original trilogy. I also do have a few YA books sitting on my headboard (which doubles as a bookshelf -- seriously, it was made that way) that will most likely get read but are not on this list.

********************************************

Along with my reading list, I have a few specific goals in mind for my 2014 reading journey. Here they are, in no particular order, except the top one:


  • Read the Bible more.
  • Read at least one novel aloud with Nate. (Harry Potter is a good place to start!)
  • Read 10 non-fiction books.
  • Read at least 3 books on my Kindle.
  • Actually blog about every book I read.

Do you have a list or any reading goals for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment