Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ten plans for summer

Apologies for not writing. I've been working really weird hours the last couple weeks, and it's definitely not helping me get anything done. I so badly want to blog, but I'm not very good at making time for it. Today's Top Ten list is going to be a little different than the first one because I"m going to list ten things I'd like to do/accomplish this summer. Who knows if they'll all happen, but I like lists!

1. Learn to play tennis. This shouldn't be too hard, but you never know, haha. We already bought tennis rackets and balls, now it's just a matter of time to actually play. The closer you live to somewhere (in this case, tennis courts), the less likely you are to get there? Seems legit, haha.

2. Visit Wollersheim Winery. We received vouchers for a free tour of the winery when we purchased a couple bottles of their wine recently. I've never actually been to a winery, and I don't think Nate has either, so it would be a fantastic experience. The only problem is this one is out past Madison.

3. Go camping up by Lake Superior. Given that it takes roughly four hours to get up to the lake, this one is a bit far-fetched for the way this year is going. But we both love Superior, and it's been far too long since we've been there.

4. Have a shore lunch. I'm not the biggest fan of eating fish, but fishing is a fun pastime, and one of these days I hope to be able to actually cook the fish I catch. Of course I need to start catching fish first...

5. Make ice cream in our ice cream maker. I actually had every intention of doing this last weekend, but since nothing ever goes as planned, it didn't happen. But at some point, I need to try the darn thing out!

6. Go strawberry picking. Not sure if there is anywhere nearby to go pick strawberries, but this would be tons of fun to do on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. And then I can make ice cream, jam, pie, tarts, more jam, more ice cream...mmmmmmm. Sorry, I just love strawberries.

7. Kayak on the Sheboygan River. One of our friends mentioned this idea last week and I think it would be a grand adventure. Especially since Nate and I already know how to kayak!

8. Use the bike trail in the Kettle Moraine. I see this trail all the time, and I know it's kind of long, but we would both like to bike at least part of it!

9. Go see fireworks somewhere for Independence Day. Considering the fact that Independence Day is next week, I guess I've run out of ideas. Though I still have one number left. Anyway. Fireworks are fun, and we did manage to go last year (even though most places didn't even hold fireworks because of the drought), so hopefully we manage it this year, too!

10. Watch the sunrise from the shore of Lake Michigan at least twice. We've tried to make this happen, but we always end up staying up way too late the night before! I hate that, honestly. Staying out late with friends is fun, yes, but when that's what we do every weekend...well, variety is the spice of life, and on that spice, I thrive. But I digress, because really, I do love our friends. And now that sunrise comes so crazy-early, this might be something we accomplish when summer is at its end.


There you have it, our ten summer plans. Of course there will be more, but it's always nice to make a list of the top ideas. Now if only Nate can get some days off and I can know with enough time to ask for days off...we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess. And in the meantime, we'll have a few small adventures here and there!

Do you have any plans for the summer? Grand plans? Or just small ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment